A brief overview of the tour
On arrival in Ashdod Port we will collect you and take you to Jerusalem where we start with a panoramic view of the city from the Mount of Olives. We enter the Old City from Mt. Zion passing through the Armenian Quarter to the Byzantine Cardo and on to the Wailing Wall. We walk the Stations of the Cross to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Take a stroll through the Old City bazaar before driving through modern Jerusalem and visiting Yad VaShem Holocaust Museum. Then we make the journey back to Ashdod Port and return you to your ship.
Important and useful notes
- The private tour price is determined by distance, vehicle size, language and duration of the tour.
- The base price includes 10 hours a day , Each additional hour- $40
- Entrance fees, meals, parking fees, toll roads and tips are NOT included.
- Accommodation is not included in the price.
- Guide's overnight is not included in the price.
- On Saturdays and Jewish holidays a supplement of $125 per day will apply.
On Fridays, Saturdays & High Holidays, when the Holocaust Museum is closed, the tour will include a visit to the Church of All Nations at the Garden of Gethsemane, King David's Tomb and the Hall of the Last¬†¬†Supper on Mount Zion.
Modest dress: Covered shoulders / No shorts.
A detailed description of the tour
We meet at Ashdod port and begin our journey to Jerusalem. We start with an overview of Jerusalem from¬†Mount Olives, looking down at the Old City and the Temple Mount. See the Church of All Nations in the¬†Garden of Gethsemane¬†and view the monumental burial tombs while driving along the¬†Kidron Valley. Enter the Old City from¬†Mount Zion, past the¬†Armenian Quarter¬†and continue along the¬†Byzantine Cardo¬†through the¬†¬†Jewish Quarter¬†to the¬†Western Wall (Kotel). Walk the¬†Stations of the Cross¬†(Via Dolorosa)¬†to the¬†Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Enjoy the bazaar in the Christian and Moslem Quarters. End with a short tour of the New City and a visit to¬†Yad VaShem Holocaust Museum.¬†Return to Ashdod port.