A brief overview of the tour
Feel and look ten years younger after covering your body with black mud enjoy a therapeutic swim in the Dead Sea where, even if you canâ€™t swim, you can float!
Important and useful notes
Natural treatments and massage prices are not included but need to Â be ordered in advance,Â for detailsÂ contact our operation team.
Guests who decide to withdraw at their own discretion at any stage during the tour,Â willÂ not be entitledÂ to claim anyÂ refundÂ whatsoever.
Change of vehicle required for transfers of pick up / drop off destinations to save time,Â avoidÂ traffic and delay!
- Airport drop off is available for additional 65$ per person at the end of the day.
- Please note that there might be an additional charge for renting a locker at the Dead Sea beach.
- Please be at your pick up point on time. There might be some delay (up to 20 minutes) due to traffic or other operational issues
- Entrance fee to Dead Sea beachÂ included in listed price.
- Recommended hats, bathing suit, towels, sun protection.
- Business class - small groups in luxury van / minibus.
- Safety instructions before visiting in The Dead Sea
A detailed description of the tour
As we descend 1,200 meters from Jerusalem through the wilderness of theÂ Judean DesertÂ to the Dead Sea, we pass theÂ Inn of the Good SamaritanÂ and stop briefly at the â€śsea levelâ€ť marker. In the distance we see Jericho, the oldest city in the world, perhaps due to its luxuriant oasis and its proximity to the Dead Sea, an ancient source of salt and we recall the conquest ofÂ JerichoÂ by the Israelite tribes, led by Joshua, who had just crossed the Jordan River into the Promised Land.Â (Josh 6).
Changing into our swimsuits we head for the Dead Sea. At four hundred meters below sea level this is the lowest place on earth, so low that the cancerous sun rays are filtered out enabling sufferers of such skin ailments as psoriasis to expose their bodies to the sun without worry.
We take the opportunity to cover ourselves with black mud, even our faces and bald spots! As long as two thousand years ago, Queen Cleopatra realised that it was the mud which kept her young and alluring for Mark Anthony!
Finally we enjoy a therapeutic swim in the Dead Sea. The water is almost 35% salt and even those who cannot swim can float.
Tired but feeling and looking years younger we admire the reflection of the mountains of Moab in the still waters of the Dead Sea. Who knows if we will be awake to hear our guide as heÂ show us from roadside the cavesÂ of Qumran where the two thousand year old Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered!