A brief overview of the tour
After collecting you from the Haifa dock we will drive south into the Judean Desert, passed the Inn of the Good Samaritan towards the Dead Sea. We travel to the top of Masada by cable car to see the remains of Herod's fortress and learn about the Jewish zealots who took refuge here in the first century. Then you can relax in the Dead Sea, take a mud bath and enjoy the beach. We return to the Haifa port passed the caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered and the City of Jericho.
Important and useful notes
- The private tour price is determined by distance, vehicle size, language and duration of the tour.
- The base price includes 10 hours a day , Each additional hour- $40
- Entrance fees, meals, parking fees, toll roads and tips are NOT included.
- Accommodation is not included in the price.
- Guide's overnight is not included in the price.
- On Saturdays and Jewish holidays a supplement of $125 per day will apply.
Recommended hats, bathing suits, towels, comfortable shoes and beach thongs.
A detailed description of the tour
We meet at Haifa port and begin our journey towards the┬áJudean Desert.┬áPass the┬áInn of the Good Samaritan┬áon the descent to the Dead Sea,┬áthe lowest place on earth. Ascend┬áMasada┬áby cable car and see the remains of the Herodian fortress where the Zealots were overcome by the Romans in 73 CE. Enjoy the therapeutic benefits of┬á a mud bath and a swim in the Dead Sea. On the return journey view the oasis of┬áEin Gedi, the caves in which the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered at Qumran and┬áJericho, oldest city in the world.┬áReturn to Haifa Port.