A brief overview of the tour
This tour lets you experience the amazing sight of sunrise from the ancient fortress of Masada.
Important and useful notes
- Safety instructions before visiting in The Dead Sea
This is a non-guided tour.
The tour includes:
- Transportation to all sites from Tel Aviv
- Entrance to the beach at the Dead Sea
Duration: apx. 03:30 â€“ 13:30.
- Minimum 4 participants.
- Ascent takes approx. 3/4-1 hour.
- Start time - subject to sunrise schedule
- Physical fitness, good walking shoes, water, hat, sunscreen, bathingÂ suit & towel.
A detailed description of the tour
Descend to the Judean Desert along the Dead Sea for arrival at Masada.Â Ascend the rocky â€śsnake pathâ€™ enveloped by cool night darkness to the top ofÂ Masada. Situate yourself on the mountain for minute by minute breathtakingÂ sunrise over the horizon. Tour the top of the fortress. Descend via the snakeÂ path. Continue to Ein Gedi.
Walk through the nature reserve encounteringÂ freshwater springs and desert vegetation. End the day on Dead Sea shore forÂ swim and float. On return roadside view of Qumran, Jericho and Sea level blandmark.