Un bref aperĂ§u de la tournĂ©e
Our tour takes us to Caesarea which became a prosperous port city under Herod the Great who built the city in honor of Emperor Augustus Caesar 2000 years ago. We will see the excavated remains of the Roman city including the stadium, mosaics, aqueducts and the fully preserved Roman amphitheatre. In addition we will see structures from other historic eras like the Byzantine remains and the Crusader fort and moat.
Remarques importantes et utiles
- The private tour price is determined by distance, vehicle size, language and duration of the tour.
- The base price includes 10 hours a day , Each additional hour- $40
- Entrance fees, meals, parking fees, toll roads and tips are NOT included.
- Accommodation is not included in the price.
- Guide's overnight is not included in the price.
- On Saturdays and Jewish holidays a supplement of $125 per day will apply.
Description dĂ©taillĂ©e de la tournĂ©e
In ancient timesÂ CaesareaÂ was a Phoenician fishermanâs village known as Migdal Shorshan, Alexander the Great conquered the village.Â HerodÂ recognized the cityâs potential and changed it to a prosperous port, calling it Caeserea in the name of Augustus Caesar. After the destruction of the Jerusalem Temple - the city became the countryâs capital. We will visit the Roman Theatre, new archeological excavations, the Stadium, the Castle and Public buildings from the Roman Era, we will walk on Byzantine walkway in Crusaderâs Port and on to the water channel that reached Caeserea from the Carmel from a distance of 15km.