A brief overview of the tour
From your hotel or from the airport you will be taken to the border where you will be assisted with visa requirements and transfer.¬†From the Jordanian border crossing you will drive along the desert highway to Petra, stopping near Prince Hassan palace for an overview.¬†¬†Arrive at rose rock city of Petra and enter through the Siq where you will see world famed treasury, the tombs and colonnaded street carved into the mountain.
Important and useful notes
- Check-in at Sde Dov airport, Tel Aviv at 05.45
- Arrival to Sde Dov Airport¬†(NOT Ben Gurion Airport!)¬†in Northern Tel Aviv by yourselfby 05:45 in the morning!
- Departure time from Eilat ‚Äď 07:30.
- Rates include:¬†flight Sde Dov‚Äď Eilat- Sde Dov, pick-up and drop-off at Eilat airport, meetingand assistance at border crossing in both directions, transport, tour guides, entrancefees to Petra for one day tour, lunch excluding soft drinks.
- Rates do not cover:¬†$125¬†for border fees,¬†visa to Jordan,¬†pick up and¬†assistance at the border¬†($65¬†if you have already issued a visa to Jordan in advance)
transfer to and from Sde Dov airport, gratuities, personal expenses, personal insurance.
- Valid passport required on day of travel.
- 50% cancellation fee for cancellations within 24 hours of departure. No refund on no-show or cancellation less than 24 hours in advance.
- Visa and voucher are usually issued at border crossing but certain passports require advance issue of visa.
- Visa, voucher, tax and tips payable in cash only, $US, GB pound, Euro and Israeli shekels.
- Lunch will be late and no food or drink, including bottled water, are allowed across the border into Jordan so eat a hearty breakfast.
- Good walking shoes, head covering and cool clothing in summer, very warm clothing in winter.
- Insurance companies do not insure for accidents related to horses or any other animals.
- Option for extended stay in Eilat before and/or after Petra tour.
- For flights from Ben Gurion airport please contact our office.
- Other languages available in Petra for additional 100 USD per booking and advance notice.
A detailed description of the tour
05:40¬†Check in at Sde Dov Airport in Tel Aviv
06:40¬†Flight to Eilat
07:30¬†Pick¬†you up from the Airport in Eilat¬†and transfer to
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† "Arava" crossing border¬†between Israel and the Kingdom of Jordan.
08:00¬†"Arava" crossing border issuing visa on arrival Jordan and
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Please note this process may take some time
09:00¬†The "Desert way" from the border to¬†Petra¬†along the vast desert highway
11:30¬†Arrival to Petra, guided tour in the pink heritage city
15:30¬†Lunch at a local authentic restaurant.
16:30¬†Drive southwards back to Aqaba through Wadi Rum
18:30¬†Arrival to Aqaba. if time permits short panoramic¬† tour at the city
19:00¬†"Arava" border pass, crossing the border back to Israel.
19:30¬†Drop you off back at the Airport
20:50¬†Flight to Sde Dov Airport, Tel Aviv
21:30¬†arrival to Sde Dov Airport
* Schedule is ¬†subjected to changes
Early morning flight from Tel Aviv (Sde dov airport) to Eilat. From Eilat airport you will be taken to the border where you cross from Eilat to Jordan and then you will travel the scenic ‚Äėdesert way‚Äô to Petra, entering through the narrow Siq to explore the magnificent sites carved into the red mountain. Return to Aqaba and cross back to Eilat.
This package includes a day tour to Petra (tour no' 370) plus flights Tel Aviv-Eilat-Tel Aviv.
After an early morning flight from Tel Aviv to Eilat airport, you'll be picked up for departure from Eilat and crossing into Jordan we travel 2 ‚Äď 3 hours along the scenic mountain route, the desert way, to Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, briefly stopping for an overview.
After passing the Obelisks in front of the cave tomb we enter the narrow, 1,200 meter long canyon, the Siq, with an option to ride for the first few hundred meters. As we walk through the gorge with the towering red stone on either side we marvel at the incredible sites carved into the red mountain.
The magnificent fa√ßade of the treasury with its Corinthian columns is particularly well-preserved as it is deeply carved into the rock and protected by rock overhang. To give you an idea of the height, the funeral urn alone, tucked away up in the heart of the fa√ßade is eleven feet high.
The colossal Deir (temple, monastery) which dwarfs us is over forty meters high, its columns reaching more than two storeys. At the Roman theatre we can but wonder who filled the seats. We marvel at the numerous tombs, each uniquely designed, and the sacrificial altar.
After a late lunch we return to Aqaba where, time permitting, we will do a short tour prior to crossing to Eilat. Drop you off back at the airport.